Notes from the Grill



Beer Can Chicken Reinvented

Several weeks ago, my husband and I decided to make beer can chicken. If you’re not familiar with this recipe, here is a quick explanation. Three basic ingredients are required: one whole chicken, a can of really good beer and seasonings of your choice. The idea is that after pulling out the gizzards and incorporating seasonings on the chicken, you slide it over the open can of beer so that while the chicken is cooking on your bbq, the beer is infusing the inside of the bird with amazing flavor. I bought a four pound chicken at the supermarket, brought it home, cleaned it up and seasoned it. After allowing the seasonings to set, I opened a can of beer. My husband then proceeded to place the chicken on top of the open beer can. However, as big as that chicken seemed to be, neither one of us could fit the beer can into the cavity of the chicken. Then it dawned on me to place the open beer on the Treager grill beside the bird and it worked. The chicken was tender on the inside, crispy on the outside and packed with flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment